Thursday, October 31, 2013

simplify


 No snoozing around here... It's busy! There's only one of me. I keep telling myself that when I feel stretched in every direction. Luckily I love almost all of the directions that keep tugging at me! To keep smiling, I'm simplifying. 

Simple meals... theslow cooker is my new best friend, especially on our horse back riding days. We come home cold, tired and hungry... and sit right down to a hot dinner. Tacos are the current fave using this recipe. Prep time is 5 minutes!

Simple costumes... my daughter wanted us to be a mama and baby snowy owl for Halloween. I bought this pattern, but ended up using it for inspiration instead of following the exact templates. I just cut free hand... and gave myself permission to wing it. And speaking of wings... the very gorgeous scalloped wings, that are all the rage online in owl costuming overwhelmed me with the lengthy making sessions they would entail. Two sets of wings meant I needed to scale down. We will both be wearing white no-sew ponchos... embracing minimalism for all its beauty. Yes, I am!
And lastly- simple gathering... I'm not waiting for everything to align perfectly- just opening the door and welcoming in friends. We've had so many spontaneous meals at our little table in the last few weeks, and I'm sure it's because of *SIMPLE*.

So tonight, when you're scrambling to get dinner into kids and costumes on, go easy. Don't complicate anything unnecessarily. And I will be working to do just the same.



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I do love those owl masks.

    Simple meals are standard around here, but that's more to do with my abilities in the kitchen...

    ReplyDelete