Monday, August 17, 2009

Madison Bouckville

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. The Northeast finally had a good, hot one... a real scorcher! My mother and I woke up before dawn on Saturday, and drove out into the rising sun, for a day we'll never forget. Madison Bouckville blew our thrifting/junking minds! We arrived as the gates opened at 9am, and spent hour after hour discovering new bits of vintage bliss! We didn't even see half of it before the heat got to us, and we felt like we needed to find air conditioning. We drove out of the cornfields... yes, it's in the middle of acres and acres of cornfields, and headed into town. As we turned onto Main street, we gasped... we squealed... we zipped into another parking spot! The entire town was one ginourmous flea market... the best darn flea market we'd ever seen!! The fun continued... who needed AC? The sun was going down, anyway. We'll not miss this for the world next year. Mark your calendars, if you're anywhere close by. The prices are great! The vintage wares are delicious. I never need go to another garage sale/auction/anything again... just this annual trip. I promised to share, but keep in mind: there is so much more then the photos I took. These are just some glimpses of what inspired me:





So good, wouldn't you say?! The only thing that was missing on such a perfect day, was having my little sister with us... oooh now that would have been a party! Today is her birthday. How I ache for that sweet girl (I know she's been a woman for a good long time... but she'll always be my baby!) not to be so far away. Happy Birthday A!!!! You were with us! Pin It

20 comments:

  1. It looks amazing Maya! I can't believe all the gorgeous bits & pieces.

    Happy birthday to your gorgeous sister too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my daughter A almost has the same birthday as your sister A! because of the time difference, today is my A's birthday (8/16). happy birthday to your beautiful sister! and next august, make room for me. i'll be putting that flea market on my calendar :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my son celebrated his birthday yesterday also (8/16). his celebration included me locking the entire family out of the house (and car) for 2 and a half hours in 90 degree heat. on the way to his a birthday dinner so were all starving as well.

    i like your day much better:) hope your sister had a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks insane! Amazing. That wooden typewriter is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what gorgeous pictures! That looks like it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Had to break my blog moratorium and peek at your finds--my reward for working hard in this heat.

    Happy birthday to your little sis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take some Federal Cranberry crates to go, please.

    Looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gasp! That is So Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a vintage seller and lover I was really looking forward to this post. What did you guys o=come home with?!

    Happy Birthday to your Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see why you were in heaven! Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Maya -

    I read your post right before we headed out the door to my in-law's lake house in Erieville, NY (17 minutes from Bouckville). We were drippy and sweaty perusing the tents, but boy oh boy the treasures were amazing! Those spools of weaving thread were out of this world. Thank you SO much for the suggestion. I posted about a few of my new old treasures. We'll go back next year for sure.

    Thanks, again!

    emily

    ReplyDelete
  12. my goodness this sale came straight out of Country Living Mag!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maya!! I looooove the pictures of all your great weekend finds...how cool!! I wish I could have been there too. Thanks for the Birthday wishes from you...and everyone else!!I love you so much and feel so lucky to have the most amazingly talented, loving beautiful big sister ever!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my flippin dippin! I'm so green ...wish I could have gone with you guys! Looks like you found lots of treasures........

    ReplyDelete
  15. i think i would have been in heaven
    those colorful spools
    wow

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maya, your photographs are so beautiful - every one appealed to the vintage treasure seeker in me. My heart is aching with envy but thank you for sharing your inspiration with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh you know how to make a person green with envy! Can't get there myself but will totally enjoy your successful bargain hunting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh gorgeous photos. love all of it. beautiful!*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh... my line of thinking is: how can I get there next year?, and how would I get everything I buy back to Australia? Although they do say they offer worldwide shipping! It looks like my idea of heaven. Thanks for letting me visit it with you via your lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  20. dang! are you anywhere near marcy? we're heading that way tomorrow and are so looking forward to it...

    ReplyDelete