Monday, May 20, 2013

lilac love notes

Love can be simple. Especially a mother's love. I slip notes into my little girl's lunchbox everyday. Each morning for years now. I ran out of the little origami paper I had been using, so to make the last month of school special, I created tiny hand printed note cards. Sweeter for her and easier for me than searching for small pieces of paper during the early scramble. 

Lilac blossoms were my inspiration. Might have been the quickest stamps ever to carve... A fun small project that has big possibilities. The blossoms love to be clustered, and I could see them spreading around the hem of a skirt or covering the collar of a little blouse. Happy Monday! Happy lilac season!

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Love those blossom stamps! May have to go carve my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea - the stamps and the notes also.

    Sleep well.
    Katharina

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and sweet. Really like the idea of them around a collar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lilac stamp. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder of how much kids like love notes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Maya!
    I just wanted you to know that while I haven't been commenting much lately, I am still around, just busy times!
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~
    ps. Oh and I think next month's issue of a certain magazine will have a project in the Kindy section. Keep an eye out for it when you are at the store! ;o) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, these little lilacs are so beautiful! I think I might have to give this a try. Our lilac bush is so beautiful right how...I love walking past it every day! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad I read back to this post!! I love the stamp you made and lilacs are my most favorite flower...I even named my blog after it! http://coffeeandlilacs.com/2013/05/13/dear-edna/
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete