Wednesday, March 6, 2013

spit spot!

 This definitely sums up my day so far! I've been checking things off my list, creating with fervor and have had an inbox of one nice thing after another. After so many storms... a few little rainbows can send me into a state of supercalifragilisticexpialodocious rather quickly. This new umbrella stamp will not be joining my others just yet. Tomorrow it will be getting a workout, as it's printed on bunches of t-shirts for the volunteers of a huge Mary Poppins fundraiser for my daughter's school.
No surprise, that I've been helping with the crafty side of it. These feet on the backside of the umbrella 
card (and several little birds that are almost done) will be used by children for a "feed the birds" birdseed bag. I'm attaching all of them  to wooden spools with white glue for easy use with little hands.  

Once I've finished carving a stamp, the next step is printing several cards or a notebook or two. No matter what it will ultimately be used for, seeing it as a printed paper product (say that 5 times fast) is my way of celebrating its completion. And since I'm in a carving mood these days, a shop update is coming soon with, among other things, new prints and several requests for sailing ship notebooks.

As Mary Poppins would say, have a "practically perfect" afternoon!
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. I love your hand carved stamps Maya! However did you get the lettering so even? You work creative miracles, I love the little birdy footprints!
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! not carving for sure. I just used hand lettering the old fashioned way with a pen.

      Delete
  2. I love these stamps. How did you get such a large stamp like your umbrella so even? Absolutely lovely. I'll be dreaming up my own stamp ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I assume you mean the ink. I place the stamp on a flat surface and tap the ink pad on top of it until it looks well inked and even. I then stamp it onto the desired surface with a series of very careful fist pounds. For real.

      Delete
  3. I hope you make supercalifragilistic cards / notebooks for sale. My daughter loves Mary poppins and I would love to get one for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they might make a perfect notebook for fabulous ideas. thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  4. I love these! I'm signed up to take my first stamp class in a few weeks, and am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there might be nothing more lovely than chicken footprints in the snow. Your stamps remind me of this - thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stamp and hand-written 'supercalifrag...' is really. really, really cool. A Mary Poppins fundraiser? Sounds very intriguing! And speaking of intriguing...I just got back from a weekend in San Francisco, and I was so intrigued by your post about Scrap that I went to check it out. SO FUN! It's probably a good thing that I'm not on the West Coast, because that place could get very dangerous. I would love to have a resource like that here in Atlanta. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete