Thursday, May 3, 2012

reinvention tour: resurrection fern

photo by Margie Oomen (resurrection fern)

Good afternoon! It's getting quite busy around here, and I spent the morning with good friends preparing for this weekend's local hoopla (details will be at the end of this post). I am so blessed to have such an incredible community in real life, as well as on line. It's always super exciting when I can bridge those two worlds. Prior to Squam that was a rarity... with the exception of Margie, of resurrection fern fame. She came down to visit way back in our beginning blogging days, when we had just discovered one another. We will always be connected by our mutual love for the natural world (her photos are breathtaking) and working with materials that have soul (she creates intricate webs across stones, for goodness sake). I've been curious to see what Reinvention project would inspire her first for the tour. Synchronicity has been at work with every bit of the reinvention journey, so I'm not surprised that the portfolios caught her eye... she had no idea that Craft was featuring the instructions. But there you have it... perfect timing. If you hadn't already downloaded them (or bought the book, please!), I'm sure Margie's iteration will totally inspire you. It made me giddy! I'm in love with her natural dye experiments and I've talked endlessly about Sonia's Parisian lace... putting those together with Geninne's fabric was not only brilliant, but a beautiful collaboration of three artists that I admire so much! To find out all of the details and have another chance at winning your own copy, go give Margie a visit right here.

Below you'll find the poster filled with details for this weekend. If you're in the Ithaca area, please come on by! The print version of this poster is beautiful thanks to lovely Laura, but I'm a bit tech impaired and can't figure out how to make it clear for the blog. No worries... a little squinting won't hurt anyone! What you must know is that a raffle will be taking place and the prize is juicy! One of my burlap buckets will contain a $25 gift certificate to Mama Goose or Mimi's Attic and another $25 towards Silk Oak! Enter to win any time tomorrow or Saturday when you stop by Mama Goose.

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. So excited for you! best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I lived closer! Have a fantastic weekend!
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. My copy arrived today! It is beautiful! The wool bolsters! The denim chapter (I am so hard on jeans)! Congratulations, Maya, and thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love her versions of the portfolio and I can't wait to find a copy of your book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so wonderful to see "you" over at Margie's !! I love the way she interpreted these beautiful portfolios, too !
    Thank for all the love, my friend, it is reciprocical.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete