Monday, August 8, 2011

fruitful (with a few postcards, too!)

blueberries
 Peaches. Blueberries. Filling buckets of them with my favorite people in the world at my side... now THAT was a good weekend!
peaches
We followed the radar and picked fruit in between storms for a perfect balance of fruit and puddle dancing!
puddle loving
*********************
I did Instagram our process, so here are a few fruity postcards too...
Beneath the peach trees
Peach pickin'
Blueberry hustle
Love them so much!
Our counters, freezer and fridge are loaded! It feels so good to start the week off in abundance. May you have a full and wonderful week, as well. If your kitchen (and family) are calling our for fruit adventures, I encourage you to explore the U-pick farms in your area. Check here for lists of pick your own farms all OVER THE WORLD!

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Oh I hope to do a blueberry upick this week, I can't wait! I wish we had a peach farm around here, my MIL has a tree growing up the side of her house, maybe she'll share?!! ;o)
    Enjoy your harvests, do you have plans for preserving or just freezing the fruit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope you get your peaches Joey! Blueberries and peaches are traditionally my freezer fruit, as we love them most in smoothies and crisps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to the U-pick site. Looks like apples are almost ready... you're right, it would make a really nice weekend excursion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Maya, I've been really really wanting some peaches lately (I even dreamt about it last night!) I'll have to check the lists for an organic peach pick-your-own...Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great! We missed the strawberry season so we are definitely going to try peaches this weekend.

    I would like to use one of your photos and I e-mailed you to get permissions. It's from this post. http://mayamade.blogspot.com/2009/10/dear-doilies.html

    Can you let me know soon whether I can use it or not or a blog that I write for? Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omigosh, those peaches look out of this world! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you guys had so much fun! The fruit looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks PERFECT!

    you'll be enjoying the bounty, all winter long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Picking fruit is such great fun....trouble is you have to then spend the next few days making jams and chutneys and sauces and cakes!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder if a peach tree would grow in my garden??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that I can see a fingerprint right on one of the beautiful blueberries in your photo. Truly handpicked!

    ReplyDelete