Thursday, July 3, 2008

knee-high by fourth of july!


I've shared that I live in farming country before, but I really wanted to show you what I see wherever I turn. July brings so many shades of green as the verdant crops spread across the horizon. Corn is everywhere and we've been quite fortunate with our weather, unlike our mid-western neighbors that have been so tragically hit this year. Our corn is just as the old farmer's adage goes, "knee-high by Fourth of July".
I'll be taking a little holiday from maya*made and will return next week with lots more fun stuff, from children's crafts to more barn posts...maybe even a few surprises! Have a great weekend and if you're in the US, enjoy the three days off.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I used to live in a rural area in England - I really miss the farms. My kids are going to grow up only knowing sheep from petting areas... I would love that view.

    By the way, thanks for the Shutter Sisters link - I've been enjoying seeing the pictures posted there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm probably too late, but just in case....... enjoy your break! :D

    ReplyDelete