Wednesday, May 6, 2015

clothesline cuffs


I'm a total minimalist when it comes to jewelry. So simple rope cuffs are very appealing to me. I'm in the process of figuring out new ways to work with clothesline and these are my first attempts at something beyond spirals. Each is as light as air and so soft. They also have a super hero quality to them… a little wonder woman goes natural fiber-ish, don't you think?
One uses a knot closure, the other is just a tiny strip of elastic sewn between where the sides meet.
Quick and Fun! Now back to baskets and bowls!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. You are just too smart Maya!
    I love how you have varied the length of the loops on the left one. Trust you to create a rectangle from rope when the rest of us haven't got past thinking circles! I can also see them used as handles for the baskets, coasters or even as a stamp (it would create a cool pattern!)...oh the possibilities!
    xo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete