Tuesday, May 5, 2015

may making

Oh May! What a beautiful month filled with the electric energy of so much coming to life outside. As much as I want to lie under these magnolia blossoms or dance in the fresh green grass… it's my sewing machine that tends to be my dance partner these days. So, I'm throwing open my studio windows and smelling the spring air as I work. There is just so much to do every May as I get ready for the Squam Art Fair (my 8th- or is it 9th?) on the first Saturday of June. It's time to get serious about buckets, pouches and bags. 
On top of that, I can't stop sewing with rope! In fact, not only will I be teaching how locally in a few weeks (note to self- must make samples that I don't give to friends), I am also going to be selling baskets and bowls at a few local venues.
 Busy times for sure, but it's all fabulous! When I think of what is keeping me running around and literally stitching in circles- I have nothing to complain about. It's all joy!

And let me tell you, I do NOT take bliss for granted. Never will again. I savor every bit of it and then channel it into something new...



Pin It

4 comments:

  1. The bowls are amazing so beautiful - I am very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT! spring sure is inspiring and energizing, as is knowing that i'm going to see YOU in just a few weeks! hoping we'll be roomies again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ha! A new shape of rope? Can't wait to see the finished product! the baskets are beautiful dyed too.
    I'm so happy for all of your creative successes Maya, you deserve them all!
    xo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you make that beautiful yellow dye from?

    ReplyDelete