Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday- bacon and blossoms

 I didn't look at my sewing machine this entire weekend! I had hungry boys to feed, flowers to plant, and creeks to swim in. And now… I will sew!

But before I "spiral" away… you must know how excited my crew is about finally trying bacon and egg "muffins". We've been all wanting to make them for ages, so Mother's Day seemed a great excuse. Anything with bacon is a winner in my book! They were the rage on Pinterest a while back, but I didn't follow any specific recipe yesterday… just made it up in my typical winging it way. Here's what we did for a dozen "muffins":
  1. Preheated the oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Whisked 10 eggs with salt, pepper, chopped fresh chives, a handful of grated cheddar and a spoonful of parmesan.
  3. Brushed each cup of a muffing tin with olive oil.
  4. Lay a piece of uncooked bacon around the walls of each cup.
  5. Poured the egg mixture into the center of each cup.
  6. Baked for 15-20 minutes until the bacon was crispy and eggs were fluffy.
  7. Devoured!
These will be on repeat for sure. Especially nice on a Sundays since the leftovers would make an easy Monday breakfast. If there are leftovers!

So happy Monday, my friends!  I'll leave you with some pretty pics of my bleeding hearts that are peaking right now. They're truly one of the most poetic and beautiful flowers ever. Can't believe I've never pressed and saved them before. 

Today I will!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. i just acquired some bleeding hearts too (from a gardener neighbor) and i'm very happy because my sister and i loved them as children. we used to take apart the blossoms and had names for all the tiny parts which each looked like "things": a perfume bottle and a lady's shoe are the two i remember... ok wait i must see if this is a thing... YES! look:
    http://fourfriendsandablog.blogspot.com/2007/05/bleeding-heart-story.html

    ReplyDelete