A little Sunday evening post was in order to tell you about our new happy head wear. It began last week when Maya used a toilet paper tube as her prompt of the day for her Frivolous Project. I couldn't resist! In 10 minutes I had made and photographed this definitely frivolous cat hat.Instagram. So I made a second.
- Toilet paper tube
- Washi tape
- Hole punch
- Elastic thread
- Metallic paint
- Paint brush
- Cut 1/4 of the tube off. Use the rest.
- Slice shapes out of the top. Classic crown triangles or fringe have been our only designs so far (we really need to branch out!) Fringe can be wrapped around a pencil to create the curl effect on the top or bottom of the crown.
- Decorate with paint and tape or whatever strikes your fancy. Let Dry.
- Punch two holes on opposites sides from each other.
- Knot elastic thread through one hole. Try crown on pull the thread to the other side to gauge the length you'll need for your own comfort. Cut and tie the thread to other hole.
- Slip your crown on… your Majesty!