- plastic yogurt container
- clear plastic from a plastic bag, food wrap, or shower curtain
- rubber bands
- x-acto knife
- Cut out the bottom of the container with an x-acto knife. Scissors will only crack the plastic. This should be done by and adult... and done with care.
- Stretch plastic over the cut out bottom and hold it in place with two rubber bands. Make sure that it is secured tightly.
- Cut away any excess plastic.
- Of possible interest: we didn't have any plastic wrap in the house, so I ran upstairs to the shower and snipped off a segment from the clear shower curtain liner! Because of our well water's high iron and mineral content, there were water deposits all over it making it useless for seeing through. Luckily, I remembered that vinegar cuts right through iron sediment and we were able to spiff up our plastic!
Take your aqua viewer down to a pond, lake, or creek and observe life underwater in a whole new way. Submerge the plastic covered bottom into the water and place your eyes into the container. Of course, if your glasses slip in first, you'll know how to find them!