Friday, August 22, 2008

making a list...


The long days of summer are winding down, and I'm feeling the desire to sew, knit, and create...must be part of my winter nesting instincts kicking in. I'm a summer girl, but I also love to be curled up by my wood stove with some beautiful work in my hands and a cup of hot tea beside me. The last three months have been so jam packed with family and friends that there hasn't been the space or time for all of the plans that are over flowing my project books. Come September, my family will settle into a nice Fall rhythm and more room will be made for making new things. Printing in various ways is at the top of my list. This new book is firing me up for some larger textile projects. It just arrived and it's filled with wonderful photographs, straight-forward instructions, and enough inspiration to keep me busy until next summer rolls around.

In the meantime...here's what to expect at maya*made for the last little bit of August...I guess that's next week!
-Some more show and tell (I can't get my daughter's new owl away from her long enough to take a picture, but some how photos of her new nightie and softie will follow, shortly.)
-new printing adventures...those hoops above are a clue
-some more barn peeks (thanks for waiting patiently for all of our wonderful guests to depart, expect more for next week and into September)
-another give-away is brewing
-several fun crafts with/for children that I've been enjoying with my own

Have a beautiful summer weekend! Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I see you've done more playing in picnik! Lovely shot, and I'm guessing we'll be in for some unique and beautiful craftiness. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you print!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so excited to see what you will be up to! i know that a halloween newspaper bunting is definitely in my future...thanks for the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes, I am looking forward to settling into new rhythms myself; making lists, writing out new routines, gathering ideas... I love the change of seasons for the "nef leaf" it provides.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahem. That's "NEW leaf." Ooops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait!
    And, was that you I saw on ohdeedoh today???

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/travel-outings/road-trip-gear-from-maya-made-060535

    ReplyDelete