Wednesday, June 4, 2008

tag, you're it!

Recently, there have been several meme games all over the blogospere and on flikr...I guess it was inevitable that I join in. Thanks Miss Liz for the tag, I'm giving it a go...
I changed the rules slightly by opening up the game to any reader who'd like to join in, but these are the original rules that came to me, if you'd like to play that way, too:

At the end the post the player tags six people, then posts their names. Then the player goes to each of the named people's blogs and leaves a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog. If you've been tagged, you do the same, letting the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer. Your answer, of course, is the answer to the following questions: Here we go!
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
10 years ago I was 5 1/2 months pregnant with my son. We had just moved into a new apartment in Palo Alto, California. My husband and I were planning a trip in a few weeks to the East Coast. We were going to do a tour of all the hip, little college towns we'd consider moving to to raise our family...we found one and have been happily in upstate NY since 2000. How time flies...
2. Five things on my to-do list today
1. Try to reach the laundry detergent bottle that fell behind the washing machine last night. LOL
2. Laundry...with the retrieved bottle
3. Plant flowers with my daughter (if it's not raining)
4. Take my son to piano lessons
5. Finish up several orphan costumes for my son's school play, Annie
Snacks I enjoy -
Fruit in season...we're about to come upon berry season, and I'm so excited! I'm also addicted to pretzels...all kinds...oh, and recently I've been snacking on sliced radishes with a little coarse salt and a squeeze of lemon, mmm!
4. Places I've lived -
Long Island (Greenlawn), California (San Francisco,Berkeley, Russian River, Santa Cruz, Larkspur, East Palo Alto, Palo Alto), Oregon (Eugene), New York (Ithaca)....In my early 20's, I spent a thrilling year living out of my backpack and 9 months living in a very cozy 1980 Ford Econoline van...quite a few adventurous tales to tell some day! I've lived in my current home longer than anywhere else in my life!
5. Things I would do if I were a billionaire -
I wish I had some charitable and creative response to this question, but the truth is that I try not go to that place of wishing for lots of $$$.... I'm very appreciative of the simple life I have today. We didn't have a lot of money when I was a growing up, but my mother always made us feel like billionaires...she taught me that thriftiness can be its own reward.

If you are reading this and have not been tagged for this meme, go ahead and consider yourself tagged. Come back and let me know if you played, so that I can learn more about you. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment