Wednesday, June 4, 2008

think shrinky dink

How do you engage a 9 1/2 year old boy in something crafty...when he'd rather be reading or playing baseball? How about good ol' fashioned shrinky dinks? My son and I stayed up way too late last night, because we couldn't stop drawing, cutting , and baking this magic shrink plastic. He even sacrificed his "before bed reading time" so that he could finish his set of characters from a favorite comic series, Foxtrot. Here are his creations all lined up beside his bed.
Guess what I did with one of my little buttons... yup, couldn't resist!

Note: the black disc in the button/charm series at top is the silhouette of a dime.. for perspective. Pin It

3 comments:

  1. what a great peoject! I love your pin cushion too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! The bias tape was a little tricky for me, but well worth it. I love your blog and will be back often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I love that creativity infuses every part of your life!

    ReplyDelete