Monday, November 23, 2015

pajama pants

Hi friends! I've missed you and my creative time the last few weeks. Life has a way of spinning into a busy flurry this time of year, but I'm back and gearing up for the winter ahead! Our dining room table has seen a lot of sewing and girls recently, as I hosted a Holiday Stitch series for my advanced sewers. One of our most exciting projects involved flannel. I make a pair of pajama pants for my daughter every winter, but this year I thought she and her friends were up to the task on their own. I drafted patterns with them from other bottoms, and then they got to work cutting, sewing and threading elastic through waist bands. Not too complicated for this crafty bunch, but still a challenge.
 These two finished together… what a sweet reward to snuggle into them and start lounging. Soft and roomy- perfect for dancing and getting silly!
This kind of garment sewing is super forgiving, which makes it a great advanced beginner project and fun for gift-giving too! Pinterest has plenty of tutorials if you do a quick search. 
Here's to the cozy season ahead!


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great project for me to try. It would be my first piece of clothing, and if it's a little wonky, who will know? :o) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry my english is very bad!! I am french
    but I like your pyjama party, it's so fun !!
    thanks for yours photos so happy
    friendly

    ReplyDelete