I'm not sure how to photograph these heavenly cookies to do them justice, so you'll just have to take my word for it... each bite is melt-in-your-mouth-bliss. They're one of my favorites whenever I visit my aunt- from little girl to now. The fact that they're gluten free makes them a bit dangerous these days, but my children ensure sure that not too many end up in my hands.
Aunt Amy's Chocolate Clouds
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups melted semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional because my kids think that cookies with nuts in them are ruined)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 2 cookies sheets.
- Beat egg whites until foamy and then add vinegar and salt. Beat until stiff. Add sugar and vanilla.
- Fold in melted chocolate (and nuts).
- Drop by tablespoon on to cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
I know I've been focusing on the desserts here these days, but we've needed all the extra sweetness we can get. I promise to balance that with a savory recipe next time.
****Don't forget to enter the Frida giveaway by this Sunday and this week's post at Honoring Hope is up if you're following along.
Hope you have a great weekend!