Friday, August 31, 2012

glimpses

Happy Friday folks! It's been another full week around here, and I often forget how many fun glimpses of my world I leave on instagram (I'm mayamade if you'd like to follow on your phone) that don't get documented on my blog. So how about a little peek or two...

Last week of summer vacation ends with goodness: wilderness camp! Second bean crop is here! Dinner with mom/grandma Newly arranged at the barn A bouquet of vintage zippers- just scored them and can't wait to put them to use!

I've loved
- listening to the daily recounts of new skills gained by my youngest at wilderness camp
- a bountiful second crop of green beans (happy that I did some succession planting this year!)
- soaking up as much time, laughter and incredible food at the barn with my mom before she leaves
- rearranging said barn, and creating new vignettes and sweet corners (more pics to come!)
- scoring lots of great vintage zippers to begin my pouch sewing marathon for Squam Art Fair 

Happy weekend... I'll see be back on Tuesday to welcome in September! Wow! Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Happy weekend to you my friend!
    I can't wait to see what you dive into this September, you are so full of inspiring ideas!
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful collection of photographs. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the nature vignette with shells and horns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for inspiring me! I dabbled with my first bit of dyeing with plants last year. I've been wanting Eco Colour, but had not known about Harvesting Color, so will add that one to my list. I really enjoyed experimenting with dyeing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s a smart decision to send your child to a wilderness camp, since this provides a clean and fun activity for the youth. It's ideal that we let our children experience this one of a kind activity. This can help them be responsible, resourceful, and disciplined. So, instead of letting them simply loiter in the house during summer, it's better to let them participate in wilderness camps. :)

    ReplyDelete