I love my poppy pillow! I'm finally sharing my fabric experiments with flower pods. I made a linen pillow cover with black prints and pencil pleats. I think that's what those pleats are called, please correct me if I'm wrong. I just know that they were almost as fun as the poppies! This particular poppy left a little sunburst mark.
It lives on my couch, but, of course, it feels equally at home in a field of wildflowers (at the barn).
I found that using VersaCraft fabric stamp pads were an easy way to print onto muslin and linen. I've been making up some muslin prototypes for my daughter's clothing and grabbed one to embellish.
The result was quite sweet in just the way I'd hoped. For both projects, I used a grid and my clear ruler to have some sort of gauge for a pattern... but then I ended up mostly eyeballing it.
Very typical Maya behavior: a combination of perfectionism and winging it. Look closely at the different print that this poppy left. Much more floral. If you tried pod printing and enjoyed it, I think you'd love printing on a swatch of fabric. It's such a direct way to incorporate nature into your creating.