Sunday, July 6, 2008

urban inspiration

Hello Monday! Hello country! Hello home! My family (with my mom in tow) packed up and went down to New York City for a hot and rainy holiday weekend. We have lots of family in Manhattan, so it's a bit like our second home. A couple of urban days are a wonderful balance to our typical country lifestyle. I have a plethora of pictures to share, so I'll break it up into several posts. Here's a bit of our itinerary so you can get a sense of what's to come:
July 4th
morning- American Museum of Natural History
afternoon-free Friday at MoMA
night-fireworks over the East River...watched in a warm summer rain from the terrace of a 43rd floor midtown apartment

July 5th- day with mom
morning-Hell's Kitchen Flea Market
Anthropologie inspiration
afternoon-Design*Sponge design tour of Williamsburg in Brooklyn
A walk through the Village...had to get to Purl
night- stroll through the East Village with my favorite date

July 6th-
drive home...with a stop at IKEA for home/my studio/mom's barn

The American Museum of Natural History is the perfect place to bring the whole family. Even though my 9 1/2 year old son is over his 4 year old dinosuar craze, there are always exhibits to revisit with a new eye, from the Hall of Meteorites to the Biodiversity Wing. We all were captivated. A new horse exhibit got my daughter galloping with excitement:

My son was a proper docent for his little sister around his old favorites- dinosaur bones!

Country crocs get citified as we head to Central Park:

Museum of Modern Art with my mom on a stormy afternoon...lovely!


Later today I'll share lots of great art and modern design from MoMA. Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What a great itinerary you cooked up! I've been daydreaming about going to MOMA on my own. Ooh, the things I could see! I can't wait to see more of your urban inspiration!

    ReplyDelete