Thursday, April 28, 2016

grateful


Hello friends!

All is well, and I can't tell you how much I've appreciated your personal emails with questions and concerns for my whereabouts. Instagram has hinted at the lovely time I'm having, but not everyone checks there and I'm sorry for my silence here.

My children at the beach south of Half Moon By
Life is moving swiftly along and time feels a bit surreal these days. Blogging has taken a temporary back burner as I've focused on living without documenting.  Since I started maya*made, eight years ago, I've kept writing steadily- even during the ups and downs of life. This particular moment in time called for my complete focus and a pause, as I take on yet another transition. A new chapter is unfolding for my family. My son, my first born, is preparing to go to college in a matter of months. The spring semester of senior year is such a crazy time in both a parent and student's life. Just like birth- you can hear other mother's stories, but until you experience it for yourself, it's impossible to know how it will impact you. As the celebrating of acceptances and consoling over denials of schools unfolds, the true taste of having an adult as my child has emerged. I'm embracing the emotions and complexity of it all, while preparing for his journey from the nest.

And so we came home to California and my family for the first time in 4 years. It has been the perfect way for us to all feel secure and held at this pivotal moment. I will return to blogging on a regular basis next month when we are settled back into the east coast and spring. I am forever grateful for your interest, support and love.
xox,
Maya








Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Such pretty scenery! I love the "grateful" written in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all a smooth transition! I am bracing myself for the same in just two short years with my eldest. I cannot get over how very fast time goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you have such a happy but busy life at the moment, it certainly looks idyllic there!

    ReplyDelete