Monday, April 27, 2015

our art show

Every year I help my daughter's Montessori school set up for their annual art show. There are two wonderful teachers who having been working all year with our children, and this is the first time we get to see what they've been up to. It's always amazing.  This is just an iPhone taste from the installation over the weekend… tonight I will bring my good camera to the show!
Bet you can guess who did the hedgehog scratchboard!
This year there were more textiles and fiber arts then ever. I was in heaven!
These slab clay looms used student dyed and spun wool for the center weaving!
 Lots of needle felting for the little ones…
 How cool is this idea… drop spindles made out of old cds?
 And there will be a student demonstration of how to use the back strap loom tonight. Can't wait! These were made out of pvc pipe and popsicle sticks- clever again!
 And basket making! Did you hear me? Baskets!! Coiled baskets to be exact. Bound Grass traditionals and yarn covered rope ones, too. So good! 
 Below is my daughter's… makes a mama basket maker proud! 
 Hanging all of these indigo dyed shibori samplers had me dreaming… I've avoided it because it felt too trendy lately. But I might have been bitten this weekend.
 Have a creative start to your week!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. How gorgeous!And it's only students making these?Potential artists I am sure. I am impressed with the slab clay looms.AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all wonderful, but those clay looms really struck me...so ingenious!

    ReplyDelete