Monday, March 2, 2015

collaged paint chips

Hello March! What lovely words to say… to shout even! I'm not sure where February went to… seems to have disappeared under a pile of snow. Spare time for my own creativity was buried under the white blanket too. I kept chasing the calendar for a date for Bliss Art and finally realized that an hour or two in the last days of the month were all that I'd catch. Collage and color were what I've been craving, so I picked up a large paint chip card and went to town with cut outs from maps and books and plenty of washi and fabric tape. There's something so satisfying about just using scissors and paste.
 Paint cards or chips are such a great foundation for collage. I plan on making these with "my" tween girls, who often look at a blank canvas with trepidation.They provide a perfect sturdy base to build upon, come in an assortment of hues, and are filled with intriguing words.  Grab a few the next time you're in the paint section… and reach for your scissors and gluesticks!


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love this image, and have paint chips on my shopping list - looking forward to having a go as a family this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right--a blank canvas can be intimidating. I love this idea because it feels like you're just adding to something. I'd never thought of paint chips being inspiring but yes, there's color, there are words. Brilliant! I want to pick some up today and give my girls a fun art project to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paint chips are also good for poetry. ;)

    ReplyDelete