Tuesday, January 27, 2015

release banner

 I thought I'd share this yesterday… but it was just too dark as the snow began to fall. So I let go… Ha!

Hope all of you east coasters are cozy and warm today. We were only hit by a normal winter storm out here… nothing epic. Only a pretty, fluffy and very white morning to wake up to. And some shoveling, of course! But I have strong arms.

As I said last week, my word for 2015 is RELEASE. January has surprised me with quite a bit of loosening and unleashing so far. A colorful little banner feels like a celebration of these and all future "releases". Each triangle holds specific ways I'd like to "let go" written on the back. The watercolor illustrations are great reminders… from releasing arrows, to blowing dandelion dreams into the air, to soaring sparrows.

I am letting go of negative patterns, old dreams, toxic energy and making way for the new and fresh.

I am releasing exciting ideas, big dreams, lofty goals, and joy out into the universe.

It all feels quite freeing... 
And so very happy!

The triangles are stitched together on my sewing machine, but punching holes and threading through some ribbon would be an easy alternative. You might like to try one yourself. Either create pictures for your word of the year… or maybe you'd like a release banner too. While I was waiting for the snow to stop falling, I scanned these and made it into a pdf!

 You can find this lovingly illustrated RELEASE BANNER in my shop, where you can download it and print them onto card stock to hang up your own bit of letting go! Yes!



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Source for calendar? It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete