Friday, November 14, 2014

cold

Brrrrr! Along with much of the Northeast, I woke up to freezing temps and this lovely dusting of snow. It inspired some early planting of paper whites. See here for where I'm heading with them.
I even squeezed in some peaceful handwork time. As much as I dread the winter... I sure do love the instant coziness of working with thread and linen as the snow falls outside. It was made all the sweeter having my daughter home with me today. Her enthusiasm for this time of year make everything more fun.
 Hope you can set aside some slow and cozy time this weekend, as well. 


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful snow! I love the coziness of winter, too, and the ability to crochet and sew blankets while simultaneously keeping warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me of paperwhites, which also reminds me of amaryllis. Should still be a good selection, unlike waiting until December, which I often do. I can do with some cozy days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://thisgirllovestotalk.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/advent-calendar-sewn-cardboard-house.html
    I made this advent calendar based on your lovely toilet roll houses. Hope you like our twist on it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete