Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Where Women Create

 I'm so excited to have my studio featured in the latest issue of Where Women Create! I'm always fascinated by the places other creatives do their work in. Their personality, history, medium and even finances inform the space. It's an intimate window into the world of an artist. My studio is directly off of the kitchen and although it's nothing fancy, so much of my creative soul is showcased along the walls and tucked into buckets and bins. It was the original main room of our very humble 1850's saltbox farmhouse, and is now an open space off of the kitchen. In the summer a huge tree keeps it shady, but right about now the leaves are thinning and the southern window is flooded with light. With all of the writing I've been doing for the last few months, I've missed it!
 
 Seeing it in print feels like a personal invitation to begin all of the projects I have to had put on hold. Each of Stampington's publications are stunning- more like beautiful coffee table books than actual magazines. I feel honored to have been published in quite a few of them, but quite honestly- Where Women Create has been the coveted spot. I'm beyond thrilled! This winter issue is just hitting the newsstands and filled with so many inspiring studios- you much check it out!

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you my friend ! Congratulations ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure will. I love their publications and own several of the Where Woman Create magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Maya ~ a truly beautiful magazine & feature.

    ReplyDelete