Thursday, August 14, 2014

my second book!

The experience of writing a book is often compared to that of pregnancy and birth. And once again, I see how true this is as I wrap up the final stages (and pages) of my second book! I'm so grateful to  have this opportunity twice, and am extremely fortunate to be working with my amazing editor at Roost Books

So if I've seemed quieter here... certainly there have been less tutorials, and posts... you now know where I have been temporarily channeling my energy. My mornings begin with the first light of day. I lie in bed forming a plan and then reach for my computer or tiptoe down to my studio. If I'm lucky there will be a few hours undisturbed to go into a quiet trance of organizing, writing,  prototyping, making and documenting. Any endeavor this huge has the potential to consume the creator during the process. Fortunately, the focus of this particular one also had the ability to nurture, support and inspire me along the way. Which makes sense, as this is the entire premise of book number two...

Simple, soulful projects to create and use during times of uncertainty and transition. I've learned so much in the last few years about the ability to transform darkness into light. Using my hands in conjunction with my head and heart were key to finding my balance and reinventing myself. This book is an offering to all of us- for those times in life where we need a little extra direction on how to put one foot in front of the other. I think of it as a creative compass to find our way back to ourselves when we are lost or hurt.

This is where I have been- and where I'll be for the next few weeks, as I give it that last final push into completion. It's very special moment in my life... so happy to finally share it officially with all of you!
***

p.s. If you get up at dawn, know that I'm drinking my coffee with you. And maybe send a quiet little "you can do it!" my way... just for good measure. Thanks!
Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Well, it's no longer dawn, but I am drinking coffee as I anticipate your new title with excitement and yearning. Not only can you do, you will do it and it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo very excited for you, m'dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Maya, simply because you put your heart and creativity in it you will do it! With these you are such a strong woman, they seem to guide you perfectly.
    I admire your endeavour, I am sure you can do it and I hardly can wait now to be inspired by you, once again.
    All the best to you! Enjoy the becoming of your new "baby" =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU CAN DO IT! I might be sleeping in:)
    You really are amazing, and have inspired so many. Keep doing what you do.
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news Maya, so happy for you! Can't wait to add it to our bookshelf!
    xo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello,
    i have a bubble of exuberance brewing, in hearing your news:) and the subject sounds so powerful. thank you! wishing you well in this phase:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, hooray! Hooray for you & for us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Maya...can't wait..so full of admiration for you...cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really can't wait, Maya! This sounds very promising and I admire you for having kept it secret.
    Good luck and fingers crossed: of course I will order it :)
    Much love and warm hug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited for the book, and so excited for you Maya. Cheering you on from over here on the west coast! xo

    ReplyDelete