Friday, October 25, 2013

wild grasses and a winner


 I've been enjoying gathering dried grasses and wildflowers gone to seed. Halloween decorating has gone to the wayside in the last few years, but I do love making my home a reflection of the changing seasons. Right now my mantle is filled with delicate "weeds" and the shadows they cast on these darker days fill me with equal parts inspiration and melancholy. I like that.

This weekend I'm sure I won't be alone as I finish up costumes, carve pumpkins, and bake some treats. Hope you have a fabulous time whatever you're up to!

P.s. Congratulations to the winner of Made by Hand is...


I would love to win this book! I'm itching to try doll making - something in the style of Mimi Kirchner perhaps! I would also love to try paper printing as shown in your post - so cool. Thanks for the chance! xo
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love growing, cutting and displaying grasses. They are so light and beautiful. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete