Friday, June 21, 2013

in loving memory

Today my family is gathering to celebrate the brilliant life of my grandfather. This is one of his original block prints.
Today my family gathers to celebrate the brilliant life of my grandfather. This week shares his birthday, father's day and the summer solstice. Each of these holidays holds sweet memories of my Papadaddy- the most loving and inspirational man I've ever known. I'm grateful for him each and every day, but especially today when I'm surrounded by the folks I love most- who adored him as much as I do. Have a beautiful official start to summer!
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Hope today is happier for you than it is sad. It sounds like he was an amazing guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy solstice, maya.
    holding you and papadaddy in my heart today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure he's looking down on you and living through you in all that you do.

    ReplyDelete