Monday, June 3, 2013

blooms


The black/honey locusts are now bursting with their cascade of tiny white flowers that fill the air with the heavy sweet scent that reminds me of the tropics. If I close my eyes and breathe in, I can momentarily transport myself to Hawaii and my little sister. 
Yes, it's most definitely June! Lush and green- and the blooms that surround my little house make it feel like a celebration every time we step out the door. 
Over the years I've added bunches of perennials... which means that they return like old familiar friends. Here's who's currently visiting:
Hydrangeas, lupins, lilies, catmint, poppies, columbines, jacob's ladder... and more. What's blooming in your neck of the woods?
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Wow! How very very beautiful. We are not very talented in the garden department, so there's growing what has been growing and it is all fine with us. I love June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a ton of garden pics yesterday too! Here in the Hudson Valley, blooming in my yard, peonies, some of the asters, love in the mist & columbine. I love seeing what's blooming in everyone's yards! Looks like a botanical garden at your house Maya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've begun drying the first batch of homegrown herbs and teas!
    http://madebyjoey.blogspot.ca/2013/06/drying-your-homegrown-herbs.html
    Have a wonderful week Maya!
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love the locusts! I'm lucky enough to have a pink one that bloomed this year - between that and the honeysuckle it's absolutely heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just got a bunch of flowers from my mothers garden.
    Columbines, chervil seed heads and 2 others I don't know the name of.
    Personally I love hostas, and dearly wish I had a garden of my own.
    until then I enjoy the flowers my mother brings me:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely to see such a blooming garden. here in Belgium it was so cold in april and may,... everything is behind, ... not much blooming yet,...
    enjoy it over there !!

    ReplyDelete