p.s. We've also loved our other count down activities which have included:
1-Making our very own snow to welcome in December" with snowflakes found here.
2-Toasting to good cheer- with sparkling cider in wineglasses for everyone.
3-Stuffing dried apricots with chocolate-an easy favorite.
4-Sipping hot cocoa by the fire with candy cane stirrers (we buy these at our health food store).
I'll be bringing back my simple gift series this week...so stay tuned!
* editor's note: after a funny phone call with a good friend, I'm adding in another slice of my reality!
- A ceiling tile in our main bathroom fell to the floor. Yikes! It's still being held in place with duct tape and a piece of cardboard, two weeks later.
- I was recruited to sew huge fabric "floats" for my daughter's class play. They need to be done TOMORROW.
- My studio floor is so cluttered that there have been two (minor) injuries from tripping in the last 24 hours.
- Our stove burners all rusted out simultaneously. Waiting for parts has meant cooking with only one burner sparingly... for a week so far.