Makes enough for a tray of muffins plus one loaf of bread.Ingredients:
- 2 cups of pumpkin (one can is just a little short, but works out fine)
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 cup of maple syrup (we've also used brown sugar)
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/4 cup of whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons of soda
- 2 teaspoons of powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2/3 cup of apple juice or milk
- 1 cup of a mix in
- mix-in suggestions: chocolate chips, pecans, raisins, dried cranberries, diced candied ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Beat all we ingredients until smooth.
- Combine all dry ingredients and then add to the wet.
- Toss in a cup or so of whatever mix in options you happen to have on hand.
- Bake in a well greased muffin tin and one loaf pan until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.(This recipe made a dozen muffins and one 8x8 square pan)