- Husk tomatillos, a more perfect job for children couldn't be found!
- Cover with water in a pot and boil until they turn a pale gray/green.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and puree in a blender with:
- one white or yellow onion
- a handful of cilantro
- 1 poblano or jalepeno pepper to taste
- a squeeze of lime
Several variations were made with different degrees of "heat". I could have drunk an entire jar, I loved it that much! We used the mildest version to top off incredible black bean enchiladas last night. They reminded me of my Lita, and that's saying a lot... she made amazing enchiladas for us weekly.