This is my new favorite drink for sipping on a steamy afternoon with a gathering of friends. It's gorgeous, delicious and tastes like summer! I had something like it at a barbeque last month and tried to recreate it with only a memory of the two key ingredients... and it turned out even better than I had remembered! Raspberries ripened up at the end of the week just in time for our 4th of July cook-out... but have no fear if they're not growing near you, I'm pretty sure it would work with frozen berries, too.
Raspberry Rosemary Syrup
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 2 cups of sugar
- a quart and a little more of fresh raspberries
- 2 nice sprigs of fresh rosemary
Raspberry Rosemary Cooler
- Into a pitcher, filled with ice cubes, pour a bottle of chilled seltzer and syrup to taste (a bright shade of pink means you're on the right track).
- Throw in a handful of berries.
- Add a splash of vodka for adults.