Summer RollsA great option when the kitchen is too hot to cook in and perfect for tucking into lunchboxes and picnic baskets... Ingredients can vary depending on what's in your refrigerator and garden. These rolls held watercress, carrots, scallions, tofu, noodles, black gamasio.
- rice paper discs
- vegetables: carrots, sprouts, lettuce, cabbage, cucumbers, cilantro, mint, watercress
- cellophane noodles (mung bean thread noodles) optional
- baked tofu or tempeh optional
- Soak noodles according to package instructions.
- Thinly slice all vegetables and arrange on platter for easy assembly.
- Place rice paper disc in a water bath make sure all parts are covered. It's ready as soon as it's completely soft... a couple of minutes. Slip it onto a dishcloth and blot dry.
- Add another disc while you prepare the first roll.
- Place all ingredients on the lower center of the rice paper. Fold in the sides. Begin rolling shut. Keep it tight and secure. It will seal itself when you complete it.
Serve with chili sauce, Thai peanut sauce, or tamari and ginger. Delicious! These can vary endlessly and are fun with a crowd!