Friday, May 14, 2010

annekata's fabric paper tape

annekate's linen paper tape
No Fix-It Friday today, folks... but I have something else quite fun to share. I've mentioned my dear friend, Kathrin, before. Today I'm thrilled to announce that she has started her own blog, annekata. I love her perspective, aesthetic and passion for hand sewing. I was already planning on sending you over to give her a warm welcome, but then she came up with such a sensational idea that you must go see her right now and check out this tutorial for fabric tape. She dropped off a little roll of freshly made linen tape for me, and it's gorgeous! I immediately wanted to play with it, make some of my own... and wrap everything in sight. In fact, I stopped writing this post and got completely obsessed with it.  I really needed a small "do-able" project to get lost in.
fabric paper tape
I've been admiring all of the (expensive) Japanese tapes out there these days, and  now I can make my own version with stuff I already have on hand! And you can too! Go check out how right here.

This busy week has finally come to an end, and I'm very ready to slip into something more comfortable... a sunny, relaxing weekend. Hope you have a good one too! Pin It

13 comments:

  1. this has definitely peeked my curiosity and I love what you've done so I'm off to visit right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how inventive! (^_^) cant wait to go see & make some of my own!

    Chloe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, I´ll make it.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea! Just checked it out and so glad that you brought it to our attention, Maya. Thanks-Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so great, thanks for sharing her blog! Off to daydream about tape now. I'm such a packaging nerd but unwilling to spend $$$ on the fancy stuff so this is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited to try this! Thanks for tipping us off about her site and this terrific technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this! there are a hundred things I could think of to use it for... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant idea and so many uses....Thanks for the link and Congratulations to Kathrin on her great new blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep up the good work. Best of luck. From www.smartflowersdelhi.com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooohhhh - I *so* am going to be making some of this tomorrow! Thank you for sending us over to visit - what a wonderful project and a great blog. Love that feather fabric - I have a few scraps left from a pillowcase I made for my husband - wish I'd bought more...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so enjoyed exploring the link to Annekata's blog.

    I loved this statement from her: "Who doesn't own more "How to" books than time to do. It often seems that just knowing that you could make it yourself, is satisfying enough." It felt like permission.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, gorgeous. I am admiring her blog! I live in Japan, so the tape is everywhere here, and not too outrageously expensive if you buy just a bit....but it is more fun to make your own!

    ReplyDelete