Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sponsor Spotlight: Aurora Shoe Company


I so love introducing you to something a new and special! Please welcome our second featured sponsor: the Aurora Shoe Company. With classic designs and timeless styles, their shoes have been a local sensation for decades... and now you can buy them on-line. Aurora Shoes are known for their amazing comfort, they mold to the wearer's foot ensuring a perfect custom fit. At AS, each pair is cut and made by hand with entirely U.S. materials.
And listen to this wonderful feature in their own words:

At Aurora Shoe we believe in shoes that last. We use top quality materials and time honored methods to create footwear that only gets better with age. While no shoe lasts a lifetime, with proper care and periodic repair, Aurora Shoes can grow old with you.As long as your shoe leather is still soft and supple with no visible cracks we can fit your Aurora Shoes with new Vibram soles. Mail your shoes to our shop address along with this simple form and we’ll get them back on your feet as soon as we can.

The emphasis on REPAIR in our throw-away society really needs to be celebrated now more than ever. Thank you Aurora Shoe Company, I'm so happy you're here!


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Wow...now that's service!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you've done it. I've never been a shoe person--I get by quite happily with one pair of flip flops, one pair of aging cowboy boots, and one pair of sneakers. But now . . . sigh . . . Santa? Are you listening? I WANT these shoes. The Chinese ones on their web site. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about Aurora shoes. I went to Wells College, and never had a pair because as a poor college student I couldn't afford them,...thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh maya! i wore these for years and loved them. maybe i need some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you make wax paper envelopes for the cookies too. The houses are adorable. I see this in next years magazines on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am from Aurora and I got a pair of those shoes about 15 years ago. They do last forever. I remember using leather scraps from their leftovers to make pouches and all sorts of things in high school. It is a great company to support. BUY LOCAL!

    ReplyDelete