In the mean time, I wanted to pass on some great tips from all of your wonderful comments on the bed board post. I always love your enthusiasm , and am so grateful whenever you share good ideas!
- dust-free chalk
- chalk pens (I haven't used these before, but they sound interesting)
- black acrylic paint may perform in a similar way to chalkboard paint
- starting with a layer of magnetic paint, before the chalkboard paint, adds another dimension to the play
5x10 inch piece of cotton batting (wool felt would probably work, too)
- Fold batting in half to form a square. Fold in half again.
- Stitch all around the rectangle about 1/4 inch from the edge.
3. Stitch parallel lines through the middle of the rectangle. Wonkiness is fine. It's an eraser, after all!
- Clip the edges with pinking shears.
- Erase every blackboard in sight.