Thursday, November 27, 2008

giving thanks

When I took this picture, my aim was to capture the light shining through the opening. I'll leave the metaphors to you...

I will be spending the long weekend surrounded by family... lots of cousins for the children to play with... good late-night conversations for the grown-ups... lovely organic food prepared with care and intention. I am thankful for this and so much more. I hope, wherever you are, you are surrounded by love. Even if that means giving yourself a deep and true hug.


This next photo deserves a little click... go ahead. The strand from the web is hard to see in some places, but still very connected. Just like all of us. Pin It

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous photos, Maya.

    I am looking forward to a very low-maintenance celebration with my husband! Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photography.

    enjoy your day and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a beautiful person-your words , your photos. thankyou for this post. have a lovely warm weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving!! Beautiful photos! :~) I'm so thankful that I recently found you. You have a beautiful blog, a beautiful family, and so many wonderful ideas and talents.

    :~)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing every Blessing and Happiness at Thankgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, that picture is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving Maya.

    The top photo is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes - that photo was worth the click. love the web that connects us all. have a wonderful thanksgiving my lovely maya! may the light at the end of the tunnel be bright and close.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful words and pictures Maya.
    I wish you and your family a weekend of love, life and togetherness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a gifted and talented person; many thanks for sharing it all with your blog families. I hope that you and your family have a very blessed and safe Thanksgiving.
    RiverBend Farm
    Texas

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAPPY THANKSGIVING MAYA!
    Thank you for your beautiful pictures and the continuous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are seriously beautiful photos. And words. You are amazing!

    Hope your Thanksgiving was perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Leftovers days to you!! Meant to tell you how much I love your new banner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for all of your blessings and kind wishes! Hope it was a wonderful weekend for all... where ever you may be!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so beautiful Maya....so connected and magical. Just like you!
    xoxo
    Melis
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So delicate and beautiful...great photo

    ReplyDelete