Monday, September 8, 2008

september is really here....

Hope you had a wonderful weekend. We had a very relaxing one, staying close to home, for the first time in ages. The season is shifting gently, and I just love what September brings: juicy apples, radiant sunflowers, wood stacking, stove awaiting, cosmos everywhere, rainy afternoons to create.

On Friday, I found this terrific modern chair needing a little bit of attention.

You know how much I love a good chair...especially thrifted for a terrific price. Toss in a little needed DIY, and I can't resist. I worked obsessively on it for most of Sunday. A big thanks goes to my patient husband and sweet children who gave me the space to start and complete a project in one day! I'll post the"after" shot sometime this of the photos above has a big clue about the make over...can you guess which one? Pin It


  1. Can't wait to see that beautiful stencil pattern on the fabric of the new thrifted chair. Now if I could only guess what color you will be stenciling in :)

  2. No you didn't!! I can't wait to see the stenciled chair. And what yummy fabric did you choose?

    Go over to Linda Crispell's blog ( to check out her idea for a caramel apple party! Your caramel sauce could be put to good use. And I'm not just saying that b/c I need a caramel apple fix, but if you have any extra . . . .

  3. I'm guessing it's the hand painting. :D

  4. Are you hand painting your own fabric? You are my HERO!

  5. Oooooh, oooooh I know, I know. A stenciled chair.
    And hey, if there are extra caramel apples I want one too!

  6. Oh Maya, thanks for giving me the heads up on my picture being one of the daily clicks. I had no idea!



Related Posts with Thumbnails