Tuesday, October 16, 2012

instant wristies


This is certainly not rocket science... I would hesitate to even call it a tutorial. Let's just call it a reminder to not throw out any ripped or abandoned tights... especially those thick or cotton wool ones. Whether they be your daughter's or yours, I encourage you to find your fabric shears (or any ol' pair of scissors) and transform them into something wearable. As the temperature drops, I love having a little something cozy around my hands and wrists. These are also helpful for extending the season on 3 quarter length shirts. 5 minutes to cozy!
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Great idea! Love the striped wristies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this idea. This is something (as a non crafty/non sewer) that I think I could actually pull off. Where do you get the wool leggings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this is genius! Totally going upstairs to raid my kids drawer! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this! We have so many tights ruined by a hole here or there, but now we don't have to throw them out. amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so cute. i've made my own version for leg warmers too. i just posted a no-knit arm warmer post on my own blog. tis the season! and ps--i just received your book and i absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its feels so good to destroy /finish off my Teen daughters old Black opaque school tights for this. xxx elizabeth

    ReplyDelete